5/04/2014

Lessons To Go #2 - Blues Bass (Part 1) (english edition)

Hello and welcome to the second installment of my "Lessons To Go" series. This time I want to tell you a little bit about how to play the blues.


In this first part of the Blues-Bass Lessons I will tell you about the 12-bar blues progression and how you can easily find the three blues chords in any key. I'll show you how to utilize chord arpeggios in order to built blues basslines and reveal the secrets of the mysterious "blue notes" and how you can incorporate them into your playing. Rhythmically we take a look at the shuffle groove and some very common patterns like "Uptown-Down" and "Uptown-Up". Furthermore we talk about the blues turnaround and how to play it on bass.
See some example pages and one of the accompanying videos:



If you like to learn to play the blues properly just hit the Paypal-Button underneath and I'll send you the download-link for the 18-paged pdf-Handout, 21 mp3 audio-files and 9 videos (mp4) within 24 hours. Most of the times I'm faster but if you hit the button in the middle of the night (CET time) you might have to wait a bit longer ;-)